Call FOR PROPOSALS
The Orcas Island Lit Fest invites proposals for its second annual literary festival, taking place April 5–7, 2019. The submissions window will be open through September 2018. Applicants can expect a response by mid-November.
The main locations are anticipated to be Orcas Center’s Center Stage and Black Box theaters for festival programming, plus a book fair and an adjoining “book fair bistro” concessions space onsite. Additional offsite events include the Kids’ Fest at the Orcas Island Library and our Friday-night Lit Walk at various locations in the charming and picturesque village of Eastsound.
- Sessions on both stages will last approximately 75 minutes (1¼ hours).
- Proposals may include panel discussions, readings, performances, and mini-workshops.
- The Orcas Island Lit Fest programming committee evaluates panel proposals on the basis of the merit, suitability and originality of the panel proposal as a whole, and on the merit and blend of voices represented in the panel’s proposed lineup.
- Often the committee will consider individual proposals that may be joined with others, or will suggest changes to proposals to better suit the festival’s programming.
- The Orcas Island Lit Fest reserves the right to accept or refuse proposals by any person or organization at its sole and absolute discretion.
Conference presenters must cover their own travel and lodging, but they will be provided with a complimentary Artist’s Pass to the festival.
We value and seek a diverse range of genres, voices, and experiences. Festival attendees include many readers as well as writers, so please consider content that will appeal to lit lovers who don’t necessarily write. For examples from our 2018 program, please click here.